Saturday, October 07, 2006

#22-Audiobooks

Well! I think I've "discovered" a great new learning tool! Because I have a bit of a commute to and from work, I often listen to books on tape and books on CD. My personal goal for the next 3 years is to read all of the Newbery honor and award winners. Since I work in the children's dept. I thought this was a worthy goal. I've already listened to many of them in the past few months by checking them out from PLCMC. Now, I can download them onto my mp3 player! I'm so excited! I found the process of creating an account on NetLibrary and downloading the books very simple. This is one of the discovery exercises that I will continue to use long after Learning 2.0 is over. I think of all the Books on CD that I've listened to, my favorite is A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin, read by Judith Ivey. I was a bit sad to see that it is not available in NetLibrary, so if you get a chance, you might want to check it out. Judith Ivey is amazing! I was able to find many other novels that I have been looking forward to reading, and some favorites that I would love to have at my fingertips! I'll be downloading them soon!

No comments: